- Red pepper halves stuffed with fresh tomato, garlic and anchovies, drizzled with mild chilli oil and roasted.
- Halloumi cheese ( sheep’s cheese) lightly fried in olive oil and served with a lime, coriander and caper dressing.
- Soups – Pea and Asparagus; Roasted butternut squash and honey; Spinach and root ginger; Tomato and lentil - all served with homemade crusty bread
- Fresh mussels cooked in white wine and cream.
- Char-grilled polenta topped with melted Dolcelatte, vine tomatoes and fresh Basil.
- Bruschetta with grilled goat’s cheese garnished with spring onions and finely sliced cherry tomatoes crowned with seared scallops and served with a spicy salsa.
- Melted camembert with cranberries and a salad garnish
- Hot garlic king prawns served with a chilli/lime mayo.
- Famous “Magpie Cafe”(Whitby) Fish Pie. Medley of fish in a delicate cream and tarragon sauce, topped with grilled riced potato and strong cheddar.
- Medallions of pork fillet cooked with shallots, fresh tomatoes, garlic and sherry.
- Plump breast of chicken stuffed with wild rocket, Black Forest ham and Gouda cheese served with a Madeira wine sauce.
- Succulent breast of duck cooked in a rich marmalade sauce served on a bed of spicy Moroccan couscous and fresh coriander.
- Fresh salmon marinated in lime juice and grilled with Cajun spices
- Roasted Mediterranean fish cooked in a tomato sauce with olives, mushrooms and new potatoes
- Finest local fillet steak cooked to order. Served with sautéed potatoes cooked in olive oil and sage, accompanied by dressed green salad. --£5 supplement.
- Local lamb roasted with garlic and fresh rosemary .
- Beetroot dauphinoise with a parmesan crumble served with a red onion gravy. (V)
- Roasted vegetable risotto (V)
- Drunkin’ strawberries- tossed in orange liqueur and sprinkled with black pepper.
- White chocolate mousse with raspberry coulis.
- Apricot and panettone bread and butter pudding
- Rice pudding with a brulee topping
- Pancakes stuffed with stir-fried bananas in a rum sauce
- Hot chocolate pudding with a gooey chocolate centre served with ice cream and fresh berries.
- Home-made vanilla ice cream sprinkled with chopped coffee beans and a splash of Tia Maria